Re: [pyrnet] Dwarf/dwarf breedings.

----- Original Message -----
From: <JGentzel@aol.com>

Well, thanks, I guess.  That's more information than I thought was
necessary
here on a public list, but I have no problem with it myself.  >>

What do you mean "you guess"?  You (or anyone else) want honesty? You'll
get honesty.  We have been talking here for more than a week about all the
stuff that isn't known.  So, we'll make it known.  As the breeder of
Ernie's dam I have no problem with this.  Ernie's breeder has no problem
with this.  If the information is made public by the people who know the
whole story then maybe there will be less misinformation.

<<Well, first of all I did not know the source until this post from you so
that
would have been quite a trick.  It does possibly demonstrate the need for
information. >>

I understand that and I agree.  I don't know how one exactly gets to the
bottom truth about this kind of thing but perhaps one just needs to follow
the thread to the end.  It is possible that the health committee might
actually be a source of information.  Fewer and fewer breeders of dwarfs
are interested in keeping it a state secret.

<<I am comfortable with what I heard and reported about Carolyn's dog.  >>

I think that's fine but since it was inaccurate then perhaps some thought
ought to be given to what we (any and all of us, most definitely including
me) think that we know.

<<If your intent is to point out imperfections I have
as an observer,>>

No, my intent was to point out that we all need to be careful about what we
hear and what we think that we know.

<<this seems to have strayed badly from the post
of trying to find a breeding pair of Dwarfs.>>

True.  I think that Ernie is probably not a good candidate.  His unusual
size will always make him suspect until we have a much better grasp of what
he is and how he fits into the overall picture.  Even if we used him as a
test breeder there would be someone who questioned his dwarf status.  I
think that there may be another intact male.  As I said, I also think that
the problem would be in getting a dwarf bitch and whether or not she could
conceive.  I don't see a problem with asking club members who may have a
dwarf to keep the animals intact with an eye to doing such a thing under
the auspices of the GPCA.

Linda