Re: [pyrnet] neighbors.

Good Morning Everyone,

 I just wanted to say my feelings on dogs and their sometimes very stupid
owners.
As of right now at my house we have 1 Chihuia (no I dont know how to spell
it) g>
1 Kerr Male nuetered 7 yrs old 4 goats 3 turkeys 6 guinias and 26 homing
pigeons.
My Chi. (Suger) stays in the house unless I am outside my Kerr stays on a
runner and has since he was 6 weeks old, when we are outside and I can watch
him I do let him off the runn to play. The goat are in a 8' cyclone fenced
pen,they to are let out when we are home and they cant be watched. We just
bought our house and have not finished all of our fencing yet , we have about
200' across the front and the front acre will then be fenced for Allaidin My
Kerr. We will then start on the other 4 acres for the goat to run in. I dont
let my dog run loose when im not out ther for several reasons, i dont want
him run over, i dont want him agervating my neighbors animals and i dont want
him craping in there yard! and its is the same with my goats, i dont want
them eating my neighbors flowers, i dont want them on the road and i dont
want them craping in my neighbors yard, as for other peoples dogs since July
of 2000
we have lost 1 doeling 1 bred nanny 4 turkeys 3 guinias and 1 cat to
neighborhood dogs. I have called animal control, the sherriff and the county
commissioner and although they were nice and sympathtic without knowing who
the dogs belong to theres not alot they can do. SO I have developed the same
attitude as some of the other people yall are talking about shoot, shovel,
and shut up about it! Unless I know who they belong to a dog in my yard is as
good as dead, and even if I knew who they belong to if they were killing my
livestock i would shoot first and ask questions latter, any responable dog
owner would understand this. it only take a few times of waking up to a
bloody massacre in your back yard to develope this attitude. Try explaing to
your 8 yr old daughter why she cant show her goat or why her favorite cat is
now in quarters on the front porch and you to will become quite a marksman.
Now I guess I'll get off my soap box I'm sure alot of you are going to get
mad at me for the way I feel but keep in mind Its not that I dont love dogs
because i do  I just want to Protect my own and that is my right a as a
homeowner.
Sissy