Re: [pyrnet] pet store pups

Shadowman2001@msn.com writes:

<< .I was sick by
 the time I walked out of that store I honestly don't think any one else even
 paid attention to what was right there in front of them to see.The poor
 little things were nothing more than Puppy Mill Pups and the prices, for one
 little Pekinese the price was $1.100.How do these people sleep at night!!!
                     Peggy,Shadow,Noel >>

One of my neighbors just received a Lhasa Aphsa puppy as a birthday present
from her husband and children. It came from The "GENTLE GIANTS" pet store
(unfortunate name) in the local mall. When my wife and I expressed our horror
that they had patronized a "PUPPY MILL," she told us that the sales person
told her husband that the "BREEDER" was a "LITTLE OLD LADY," who lived "OUT
OF STATE, SOMEWHERE OUT WEST."  My wife couldn't help laughing at that
statement, and asked our neighbor if the guy also sold used cars.!!!!!

The really ironic part of this story, is the fact that our neighbor is well
informed about puppy mills!!! I had repeatedly offered to put her in touch
with "Valley Dog Rescue," ( an excellent regional organization) or to help
her find an AKC breeder on the Internet. The MAIN REASON that they patronized
The Puppy Mill was for CONVENIENCE!!! It was easy and quick!!!  She told me
that her husband had BARGAINED DOWN THE PRICE FROM $800.00, to $750.00. No
amount of cajoling on our part could persuade her to return the animal to the
pet store. She has a Vet appointment for the puppy today. I am really curious
to hear the results.

Terry Rickert