Re: [pyrnet] pet store pups

I typically do not write in - I am more of a watcher - read and learn.  But,
Peggy your mail just opened the flood gates.

Working so heavily in Pyr rescue I feel for every one I get placed again
there are maybe 2 or 3 produced.

I had a special needs 4 year old male that needed to be placed last week -
and I had a family in mind that had sent in an application for a rescued
male.  I called them to tell them about JT, the rescue, and they informed me
that for Christmas they had gone out and gotten a puppy instead.  They could
not tell me a thing about the people that bred the dog - except that it was
a family who owned a farm and a couple of Pyrs - they had some of them caged
in the barn.  That was also where the puppies were.  The puppies went for
$200 a piece.

In addition to rescue with Janet Ingram for our club,  I have also taken on
the job of monitoring the Guestbook at the Pyrnet website for our club.  It
was stumbled on by my father that people were using it to advertise puppies
because it is such a big site.  It was unbelievable.  Unfortunately we
cannot delete them out - but I can counter them with my rescue message
immediately - as well as e-mail them and tell them what I think.  If you
have never been to the site or the Guestbook you should see this - it is at
www.Pyrnet.org.  There is a pretty big ad right now right at the top.

Anyway - just venting my frustration too Peg. Thanks.

Jen
Kimba, Atlas, Pericles