Re: [pyrnet] Pet Store Loved One

    I totally understand.  I don't think anyone is saying that they are not
loved by their new owners, though.  The whole problem is if one buys, it
does just cause more to be produced and if there is a problem, there's no
breeder to turn to....the same way with a backyard breeder.
    In England it is illegal to sell puppies in pet stores or to be any kind
of "dealer".  There has still been a problem with people raising dogs and
selling them to laboratories, sadly.  However, when these places are found,
they're shut down.  Our government license these people.  It should be
illegal here to and an all out war waged on these puppy mills/dealers/etc.
The dogs could then be confiscated, veterinary care given and found new
homes.  Of course many would be so bad off, euthanasia would be their only
relief....but that is better than the "life" they live in those conditions.
    I'm glad Cassandra got you for a Mom.  We have Cockers as well and it's
really sad to know that all the problems they can have stems from being in
the # 1 spot in AKC popularity more than any other breed over the years and
as a consequence, everyone looking to make a quick buck bred them
ruthlessly, not giving any thought to health or temperament.
    You have your girl though and she's been a wonderful part of your life.
I wish you many more wonderful years with her.  :)

Chrissy