Re: [pyrnet] Pyrs & Goslings

Linda, It actually was cute...is cute, I have found Polar Bear trying to
crawl in the bathtub with them.  These are Africans hatching out ( now up
to four ).  We have Emdens, but so far none of those yet.  This is a
wonderful group, very sweet.  My son has spent a great deal of time
handling the parent birds and they have real good personalities.

Anyone have any experience with hatching out Guineas?
The shells are so hard, that the poor things are having a terrible time.
I have one sitting in the incubator wrapped in a wet paper towel (
loosely ), to try to soften the darn shell.  Never good to pick at
shells, since it is too easy for the birds to bleed out, but I am getting
real concerned that they can't get out of the hard shell on their own.  I
know what it is like just to crack those shells for cooking under other
circumstances.  Can't find much info. on hatching them out either.  Any
help out there?

If I can ever snap a picture at the right time Linda, I will try to get
one off to you! :-)  How is the piggy and the rest of the gang?  Our two
have really gotten tubby over this colder winter here.   Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka