Re: [pyrnet] Pet Store Loved One

pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:
> She
>was VERY difficult through the years, but I never gave her up.

I guess that's part of the problem, Dawn. You are an unusual owner in that
you saw puppy ownership as a commitment for life! As others have said, the
puppies are not the problem, they're the victims. And so many of them,
when they are "difficult," end up in shelters or otherwise abandoned. I
don't go into pet stores any more, because my heart aches too for all the
puppies in there, especially the bigger ones, the slightly older ones,
whose chances of any home at all are getting slim. But I do think that
only by educating the public to either rescue or to buy only from
reputable breeders will we ever limit the number of puppy mills. I'm
encouraged by the fact that the pet stores in our local malls that sold
puppies have all gone out of business in the past few years. Of course,
there are still the mega-stores that I assume are doing good business, but
we find hope where we can!!
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose