[pyrnet] Possible seizure

Hello everyone. I had something that happened a few nights ago that I have
never seen before. And I have had Beau for well over  a year now. I had just
gotten into bed. I heard Beau's nails out in the hallway, and figured he was
coming into my room to settle down for the evening. When I looked up Beau
came staggering unsteadily into my room. His head was down and he was
panting heavily. I bound out of bed and went to him and put my arms around
him. I called his name and asked him what was wrong. He leaned into me and
seemed to derive comfort from my holding him. But he didn't respond to my
calling his name of telling him to lie down. I had to push down on his back
to make him lie down, which he did. I then ran for the phone to call the
emergency number for my vet. When I got back Beau stood up and was his
normal happy self. He acted as if he didn't remember being in distress. And
he has been completely normal every since then.

I called my vet the next morning and told them what had happened and asked
if I should bring him in. The vet said the episode sounded like a seizure.
And recommended I watch him carefully ( and believe you me, I have been
watching my boy like a hawk! ) and if there were any more seizures,
especially within a week of the first one. Then I should bring him in for
testing. And not to worry as there are medicines to control seizures. Don't
worry! Yeah! Right! Has anyone had something like this happen with their
dogs? Does anyone know of any canine seizure webpages that might be helpful?

He has had no recent trauma to his head. But due to a chipped canine tooth
and his past history of abuse I would not be surprised if he has suffered
blunt trauma to his skull in the past. As I said. He has acted completely
normal since this episode. In fact he seems puzzled as to why mommy has been
hovering over his so much lately. He is his normal happy playful self. Just
this morning in fact he was out in the livingroom chasing his tail! LOL!
Silly boy!
Marie McFarland
Pyrangel Rescue Network
GA Representative