Re: [pyrnet] Possible seizure

In a message dated 1/17/01 12:06:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
lmweisser@home.com writes:

.  Many,
many dogs have only one seizure that does not repeat or they have them a
very long intervals that does not necessitate medication.

I am not sure how one would know.  Seizure activity in dog is somewhat
different than in humans.  I do not know that one sees the grand mal type
clonic activity we all think about in humans.  Seizuer activity in dogs can
be very small almost seconds and cause only what might be termed a loss of
"focus" by the dog.  One would probably never know it unless one observed it
and was looking for such activity.  The larger ones we see, may only come
once and awhile, but the smaller ones can occur frequently.  So how does one
know?  You may not, but look and see if there is some interruption in the
normal behavior or activity of the dog.

Joe