[pyrnet] Introducing a Pyr puppy to my cats

Hi Everybody,
I will be picking up my first Pyr puppy this weekend, and am very excited
about it. :-)   My only concern is the puppy's subsequent introduction to my
two cats.  I hope you can offer some advice.

I have two cats with significant 'dog experience.'  They spent the first 5
years of their lives with a dog until he passed away 3 years ago, and there
was no problem.  (They pretty much ignored each other.)  The cats have been
the only animals in my home for the last few years.

What's the best way to introduce these new 'house mates'?  Thus far it seems
most people recommend keeping the puppy crated for the initial sniffing, then
let the puppy into the kitchen (confined by baby gates) and let everyone get
used to each other over a couple of days by sniffing through the gates. Does
this seem reasonable?  Any other ideas?

Thanks very much.

Lisa
LHarmer@aol.com