From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org]On
Behalf Of clhenke@juno.com
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2001 4:12 PM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Housebreaking question

Julie, is he crate trained?  You may have to take him back down to just
starting out level.  Confined to a crate, when he is trusted confine him
to a larger but still small easy to clean area, with frequent trips out.
Has he been checked by a Vet. for any problems?  Usually Pyrs. are clean
once they understand their options.  Does he have long enough times
outside, or does he fiddle around and not get the job done?  Mine do
drive me nuts wasting time sniffing everything when I would prefer them
to just get the job done first and then waste time after if they like.

Pyrs. and fences, are a frequently discussed portion of this list.  Have
you actually seen him go over the six foot fence?  Are you sure he is
going up and over?  There are little angles that can go out from your
fence  top and closer to the bottom.  You may want to try a strand of
electric fence in both areas to keep him away from the fence.  If he
digs, you can focus the electric wire more at the bottom, or the
expensive way of digging a trench and putting cement or hard, packed
gravel down.  Tell us more, so we can suggest more!  Ah...the fun side of
Pyrs.
I had one who managed to pop the wires and slide between the fence and
the posts till she shimmied her way out.  Took us a while before we
caught her at it, and we could not figure out how she was getting out up
till we saw her!  Good luck!  Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas