RE: [pyrnet] Re (shelter Breeds)

Although both of my Pyrs were bought from breeders and are registered,
neither will win any conformation prizes.  (They're both in great health
though.)

Of my 4 Aussies, though, two are rescues, and both have problems.  The
youngest came from an abandoned puppy mill, and I adopted him through Aussie
rescue.  Drove 6 hours each way to pick him up, and when I saw him, I was a
bit upset that he'd been represented as a full Aussie, though I knew he
wouldn't have papers.  This boy is AT LEAST half "bird dog" and as dumb as a
box of rocks.  He's also scared of his own shadow and though he's been
through obedience training, he has a truly selective memory.  HOWEVER, he's
a sweetie, and I love him to pieces.  The vet says he's in great physical
shape.

Rescuers will always be faced with people, whether at shelters or at home,
who cannot think of animals as anything but property to be discarded and
will always be dealing with animals that are rejects for one reason or
another.  Breeders, by the way, deal with the same problems.

A little philosophy here:  my rabbi tells us that when we die and are
judged, two groups of angels will be in attendance.  One group of angels
will gather to list all the bad things we did, and the other group will
remind God of the good deeds we've done in our lives. One angel for one
deed -- good or bad.  For those of you who work with rescue, can you imagine
the crowd that will come over the Rainbow Bridge to stand up for you?

Sandy