Re: Re(2): [pyrnet] ANOTHER Pyr jumping fence

Dear Merri and Emmet,

obviously you have not been following my situation with my dog over the past
6 months..  He has a 1/2 acre fenced in area with 1000 sq feet of cemented
area and a beautiful dog house.  He jumps over the fence at every
opportunity.  the crate was a protective measure because we love him, and do
not want him to get hit by a car when we are gone.  Our first choice has
always been to leave him in the house when we are gone, but he is extremely
destructive when we leave.  he is an excellent companion when we are home.

Yes, he does have doggy company we have another dog and two cats, some
gerbils and fish.  We are  not inhumane people...quite the contrary, we are
extremely distressed by his anxiety and have gone to extreme measures to help
him...training classes, behavoirist repeated vists to the vet and tons of
time and research.  he came to us with this problem and how dare you insult
our intelligence.

We know all about the breed and as far as my research has gone, separation
anxiety is not part of the temperment and a big fenced in area should have
sufficed.

Read before you ridicule and pass judgement