Re: [pyrnet] Shelters and Breeders (was: shelters)

----- Original Message -----
From: <JGentzel@aol.com>

<<Wonder if Cornell
knew about non survivors when they did their study?>>

I have no idea.  Cornell was looking into one thing only.  The general
health of pups when they left their purchase source --  pet shops or
breeders.  As I pointed out, this study did not follow these dogs or
investigate their long range health etc.  I am in no way "recommending" pet
shop pups.  What I am saying is that many people believe that pups that
come from pet shops are more diseased than breeder pups.  I also think that
you cannot combat a bad thing using bad or incorrect information.  There
are many, many good reasons not to buy from pet shops.  The immediate
health of the pup is apparently not one of them.

Linda