Re: [pyrnet] LGD breeders (was Shelters and Breeders)

In a message dated 1/26/01 8:32:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lmweisser@home.com writes:

<< 25 years of these conversations have been exhausting.  The ones that
 'believe" already do, the ones that don't generally don't.  It is possible
 to talk some small flock (and even some large flock) people into
 spay/neuter by explaining to the them the clear benefits of altered animals
 as guardians.  But these people generally haven't given any thought to
 breeding anyway.

 The ones that I have major problems with are the ones who buy their initial
 LGDs knowing that they will breed.  And they do so.  S >>

Perhaps it is just my Yankee Thriftiness at work here; but I get the distinct
impression that The s/n agreement/requirement from a breeder who charges what
these people consider to be "BIG BUCKS," leads them to feel "ILL USED" by
someone who is simply trying to corner the market on the dog supply!!!!!!

Terry Rickert