Re: [pyrnet] Obedience Training

    Good Luck with your girl in obedience, Roger!  There are a number of people
on this list who train their dogs in obedience.  We earned C.D. degrees on 3
dogs and trained 2 of them in Open many years ago.  Unfortunately that was
before the jump height requirement was lowered and the strain on their shoulders
was too great to keep up the jumping as they got older.
    There have been a few Utility Pyrs and a couple of Champion Pyrs who had
both Utility and Tracking degrees but not very many!  Most Pyrs are pretty hard
to motivate much less to move fast (many give you that look... if you want that
dumbell, why don't you get it yourself).  Do let us know how she does. If you
are close enough to go to the GPCA National in MA, there are usually wonderful
trophies for obedience. Pyr owners love to see Pyrs in obedience because they
appreciate all the effort that goes into training them!
Charlotte