Re: [pyrnet] LGD breeders (was Shelters and Breeders)

In a message dated 1/30/01 5:37:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, clhenke@juno.com
writes:

<< They are not remotely similar ( well, they are dogs of course  ) :-), in
 their behaviors, job descriptions, or length of being as a breed.  I'm
 lost  Cindy

Cindy;
  >>It took less than 40 years for "Show Breeders" to ruin the breed for
police work, and additionally to breed DEFORMED dogs!! Granted, GSD's were
created very recently; (in the 1880s) but they were created for War, and
Police work. The breed as a whole is now deemed unfit for either pursuit!
Therefore; how long will it take for Pyrs to suffer the same fate?

Additionally, if you email Orysia Dawydiak, she will be happy to fill you in
on her opinion regarding PYRS and their relationship to other LGD Breeds in
so far as Primitiveness, and Guarding Ability are concerned. She certainly
gave me an ear full of how primitive her AKBASH dogs are compared to PYRS.
IMHO, The LGD Breeds that are not AKC affiliated or as in the case of The
Anatolian Shepherds/Kangal Dogs, that are only recently AKC affiliated,  (one
can make a strong argument that) the longer the association with The AKC, and
the Show Ring, The more CIVILIZED these dogs become!!!!!!

That is what I was trying to get across. Sorry if I was too long winded. I
tend to get very passionate about this subject.

Terry