Re: [pyrnet] LGD breeders (was Shelters and Breeders)

In a message dated 1/30/01 12:57:02 PM Eastern Standard Time, M3A4E5@aol.com
writes:

The German Shepherds as a whole are no longer fit for police or military or
security work. They fail to measure up due to the influence of the Show
Ring
Breeders! They are also deformed, IMHO, in the rear, due to The Show Ring
Breeders! Belgian Shepherds (although smaller) are replacing German
Shepherds

The German Shepherd is no where as ancient as the Pyr.  I believe the GS is
one of those manufactured breeds that in the overall scheme of things could
be very recent?  Guess I am not real sure of this last statement as I know
little about them.  The Pyr is one of the oldest breeds and its instincts are
natural occurring over thousands of years.  Someone would be a fool to say it
cannot happen, but it has not happened yet and I believe we will see a real
difference in the breed in several respects when and if this starts
occurring.  Many assume or say it is happening but I do not believe they
know.  Most who say it is happening are those who are making assumptions
based on nothing other than some logic (use it or loose it sort of thing), or
those with an agenda.

Joe

Joe