Re: [pyrnet] Question on Foods

From: "Barb Bowes" <bamb@monmouth.com>
<< I wonder if you all could help me out? What did you feed your Pyrs and
what did you switch to, if you did switch. If on puppy food, at what age did
you start on adult food? >>

I started out feeding Iams, which is what Shelly was on when I got her at 6
and 1/2.  When Trooper came into the picture, I feed him Iams puppy until
about 5 months, at which time I gradually weaned him over to the adult
formula.  (Shelly LOVED the puppy food and used to chase him out of his food
dish, so she had to be fed in a crate <bg>).

When I started seeing more Pyrs at shows and club activities, I noticed that
the coats of the other dogs were so much nicer then mine, so I switched to
Flint River Ranch for about 2 years.  The coats seemed to improve, both dogs
seemed to like the FRR better then the Iams, but their stools were never as
firm as they were on Iams.

When Emma came to me last April, she was eating Eukanuba Large Breed (with G
& CS).  I think that she was in the process of being weaned from puppy to
adult.  So I started feeding Euk LB back then and have continued to do so.
Coats look great, dogs like the food, and all is well.

I always switch puppy food to adult food gradually between 4-6 months.

Hope that this helps.

Karen Reiter
Fairport, NY USA