Re: [pyrnet] GSDs and Europe (was LGD breeders)

In a message dated 1/30/01 2:13:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dgg@star-telegram.com writes:

But there are now quite a number of GSD breeders in the U.S. who are
working from European stock. And there are other breeds that could very
successfully do police work (Bouviers, Giant Schnauzers, Dobermans,
etc.). But once locked in, that mind-set is not easy to change.

There are also some Belgian Malinois here in the states who have a whole
different breed than we see in the AKC shows.  Magnificent animals who are
heavy duty and I would not want to be on the receiving end with them either.
The folks I know are dedicated to the breed and believe these are the
original type dogs.  We simply cannot let something like this happen with the
Pyr.

Joe