Re: [pyrnet] PYR HARASSMENT

    I know, the stupid insurance people, etc. all just look at "reputations"
instead of real facts about the breed or individuals.  My husband had a
Rottweiler that all the neighbors were afraid of.  I think some finally
realized how nice she was.  The only thing she had a problem with was cats
and Rajah (my alpha Pyr) didn't seem to take to her well but otherwise she
was really gentle, quite small, listened well and on top of all that, the
only reason she was a threat to the young cats was because she could crush
them if she got to them, which we didn't let her (she had a real thing about
cats, we got her when she was two) but her teeth were flat from chewing on
rocks!  That dog would carry around huge boulders practically, throw 'em
around like a football, bark at them and just chew on 'em.  If you wanted to
get her attention, all you had to do is pick up a rock and show it to her
and she'd come begging for it.  She'd actually chomp small sandstones....she
liked chomping apples to.  :)
    One time I remember I'd just finished feeding and Sheba wasn't eating,
she was just barking at one of her rocks.  Rajah was trying to eat however
and had her face stuffed in her bowl.  She eventually looked up at Sheba,
did a "that girl is stupid" moan and went back to eating.  :)
    Sheba may have been a little odd (and the cat thing) but the breed has
definitely gotten bad press that does not pertain to nearly all the
individuals.

Chrissy