Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2001 12:34 PM
Subject: [pyrnet] update on seamus and question

well its been 24 hours since we got home from knee surgery.  carrying him up and down stairs has proven more difficult than we anticipated.  if anyone has come up with a clever system of holding up the back end, like a towel or scarf with handles, we would love the suggestions.

the only concern i have is that he hasn't eaten yet.  i don't know if he ate yesterday morning at the hospital but the only thing he has eaten since he's been home are dog biscuits.  i had to give him something so that i could give him the rimadyl because they say to give with food.  does anyone have any experience with major surgery and appetite following?

also, i noticed that after we carry him up the stairs his incision seems to leak a little with a blood/clear liquid mixture.  i'm trying to keep him from licking but he's very sneaky about it.  anyway, i don't want to go elizabethan on him but will have to if he doesn't stop licking his incision.

any advice would be appreciated.

susan
Susan Dobscha, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Marketing