Re: [pyrnet] update on seamus and question

From: SDOBSCHA@LNMTA.bentley.edu
<< i don't want to go elizabethan on him but will have to if he doesn't stop licking his incision.  >>

Susan, after Trooper had this surgery, I gave him some acepromazine to keep him quiet and crated (He has a real aversion to crates unless we're in the car).  He also frequently licked his incision, so I put a white Tube Sock (cotton) with the end cut out on his leg.  I also put some mentholatum on the sock itself (not near the wound) because he hated the smell and wouldn't go near the leg with this on.  Hope this helps!    :-)

Best Wishes,
Karen Reiter
Fairport, NY  USA