[pyrnet] new subscriber hello

Dear folks on the Pyr list,

I have been reading your discussions for a few weeks now and am writing
to say hello with a few questions of my own. I rescued a fluffy white
puppy about a year ago, and after looking in dog-breed books and
stumbling my way to the PyrNet Smiles page, I was convinced she was at
least part Great Pyrenees. She looked just like Pico, which tickled me
to no end!  I had never encountered this breed before and really am not
very informed about particular breeds anyway, just a regular dog lover.
Well, as we waited for Katie to grow, a little afraid but (me) secretly
very excited, she surprised us: she has topped out at a whopping 30 or
so pounds and according to alot of folks I run into, she's probably a
Border Collie mix. But in appearance--white woolly coat with a few
patches of cream color, smallish ears that flop down, fluffy tail that
rides high when she's running and excited, and an overall majestic
carriage with a smiling face and personality that won't stop!--I really
think she looks like a Pyr in small form. We call her the Minia-Pyr. So,
bottom line, I am now fascinated with Pyrs and would love to meet some
in my area. I live in Brevard, N.C., and would like to know of Pyr
owners in my area--Western North Carolina in the Asheville viscinity.
I'm sorry this is kind of long, and thank you for sharing such
interesting information about your dog families!

Suzanne Bell