Re: [pyrnet] New and want info on showing

Anyone, can take any dog in the conformation ring, unless they are spayed or neutered. IMO I don't see why anyone would want to spend the money showing a dog that does not stand a very good chance of winning (myself included <vbg>). As long as the dog is not limping (which SHOULD get you excused by the Judge) and if you want to just have some fun, go ahead. But, a better idea is to look into some Match Shows and to find a Handling Class in your area. I've had many a person standing on the outside of the ring comment that there's nothing hard about showing a dog. But, once they get in the ring themselves, they find out it is most certainly not as easy as it looks! I go in the ring because I thoroughly enjoy doing so. My handling abilities are mediocre. When I get serious about finishing a dog's championship, I pay a professional. <vbg>

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com