Re: [pyrnet] New and want info on showing

Shane wrote: Is there actually a reg that says you
cannot show a dog that has been fixed. As soon as we found out
Mariah was
positive we did what we knew had to be done, which was a real
shame. But why
preclude her from showing her temperament, personality and
beauty?>>

Yes, there is a rule against showing a spayed or neutered dog in
"conformation". There has been some talk, the past few years of
having separate classes for s/n dogs. In Pyrs, a spayed female is
at a distinct advantage as she will not dump her coat twice a
year as bitches that come in season, do. Among other reasons.
However, s/n does not preclude you from participating in
performance events with the AKC.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com