Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 9:59 AM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] New and want info on showing

In a message dated 2/28/01 6:21:54 AM Eastern Standard Time, JGentzel@aol.com
writes:

They
will do anything to win and the dog is secondary.  These are the idiots
because I believe when they win and they do, they cause harm be then
pointing
to their winning as an example of a good dog.  Many times the dogs are at
best very mediocre and sometime a poor dog as an example of the breed.

Joe is right here and until you experience it you cannot just dismiss it.

Many people do not believe that this exists, unfortunately it does - I speak
from experience - someone seeing my dog go (responding he did not start it)
up at a group of Shepherds that were going up right behind me - she then
decided to bring her dog over (that was dog aggressive) right in my dogs
face.    She knows me very well and even my handler pointed it out (not so
nicely) to her that he was keeping an eye on her and her dog and knew she saw
the whole thing.   Needless to say - my boy went on to pickup winners dog (he
was pumped up and turned on his charm to the judge - vbg)  Hers did not place
- so it backfired.

This can be a very scary thing to a novice and I had control - when I told my
boy he was being stupid he settled right down - something she did not count
on. n   But a Novice could have had a serious problem.

Take care all,
Dianne