[pyrnet] Re: Health: Vaccination reactions

Dear list members,

The attached came to me from a friend who is actively involved in seeking
strong regulatory legislation for vaccines for human children (she has a
developmentally disabled child and the probable cause is vaccination
procedures and/or protocol).

This came directly after a visit to my vet yesterday with Cajun. At her age
and with her history of epilepsy, and our personal management of her
outside time, he strongly recommended not vaccinating her for rabies -
a state mandated booster. I agreed, and instead of the shot, accepted
a "note" exempting her, and will take this to the "town clerk" next week
to try to renew her license.

If you have or know of someone who's dog has had a negative reaction to a
vaccine, please take the time to respond to this researcher. There are
problems involved in many of our health protocols, and until some one makes
an attempt to amass this information, it is routinely dismissed as "annecdotal"
(oh how I hate that term).

And as it says in the bottom, permission granted to cross post.

Thank you,

Carol Brescher Boyle
carol@naturaldogfood.com

         >>Hello, Everyone,

         Dr. Linda Arndt, a well known Great Dane breeder as well as sought-after
         speaker, has begun a new project that will compile information concerning
         vaccine reactions.  She sent the following post to cross post .  Probably
         most of you are familiar with her work concerning various nutritional
         information relating to disease or health.  She handled gigantic amounts of
         information for those studies.  Now she is interested in another aspect of
         canine health.  If you can, she would appreciate your contributing to her
         information to compile.

         Hello,
         I am starting to gather information on vaccine reactions and the
         relationship to age and brand names used.

         If you have had a dog that had a vaccine reaction, and willing to share
         that information, please send it on to me. I will respect your privacy, and
         not pass on any information you have sent me other than collective numbers,
         brands etc. I will repost the results in the future, once I have collected a
         large enough body of information, that might be helpful.
         I need from you the following:

         Vaccine Reaction Information:
         1)   Breed of dog
         2)    Sex of dog
         3)    Age of dog when they had a reaction to a vaccine
         4)    What type of vaccine was given
         5)    What BRAND was given - this is important to find out if you can
         6)    How many days after shots were given, did you notice a reaction?
         7)    What kind of reaction (symptoms)
         8)    Did the dog recover?
         9)    If the dog recovered, what course of treatment did you take?
         10)  If it did not recover, did you euthanize of did it die from
         complications?
         11)  Complications were........
         12)  As the dog matured, did you have any chronic health problems?
         13)  Other information you think is perteniant

         Please cross post this information to friends, breeders, other lists.

         Thank you,
         Linda Arndt
         http://www.daneworld.com/LindaArndt.htm
         Click here: Linda Arndt & Blackwatch Great Danes<<