Re: [pyrnet] New and want info on showing

Not necessarily, Charlie re the different opinions, although you are probably right. Sometimes, it is just that one dog shows better than another on any given day. But, for many of the judges, it is a matter of what they consider as type, as well as how they rate the faults in the dog. I like a typy, elegant dog, with a lovely head that is correct. But, if I was to judge (which will NEVER happen as I have no interest in judging) and I had a ring full of typey, elegant dogs with poor movement, the less typey dog, with a coarse head but who moved beautifully, would be my winner. We get back to that 2 or 20 again. <vbg>

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com