Re: [pyrnet] Shepherds crook

On 13 Mar 01, at 6:54, JGentzel@aol.com wrote:

> That's what I think about when I think Shepherds crook .  That's why the
> word "tip" threw me, but I looked it up in other places and saw the word
> "tip" used as well.  No doubt we are all talking about the same thing.

Before this thread I seriously thought the Shepherd's Crook was a
sharp bend or angle at the distal tip of the tail. < 3 of mine have
this along with the tail curved at the wheel and in repose at the
2/3rds mark. Then there is my baby boy who I swear has a spring
loaded tail when on alert!>.  But when thinking about the curve of
the tail when at the wheel it makes sense that this refers to and
resembles a Shepherd's Crook. Oh, Jan thanks for the morning chuckle
too <grin>.  For some fun reading check out this site:

http://www.harbornet.com/~gmacdonald/index.html

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico