Re: [pyrnet] New and want info on showing

In this particular case, my dog did not of course win, actually, he was placed 4th in his class, which he deserved. (gangly teenager) I do not necessarily avoid judges who don't put up my dogs, especially if the Judge picks a quality dog for the points. But when a judge is so blatant as to put up the good friend that is handling the poor quality dog, (and if memory serves, he was also limping slightly, as well as very poorly groomed) over top winning Specials that were much more typey, moved beautifully, (BTW, one of them was Timber) then that's where I draw the line. No, I won't show under that Judge again as he deserves absolutely no respect. JMO of course. I have been beaten by lesser dogs in the ring many times and still entered under the Judge again. And in those cases my handling of the dog could very easily have been at fault. I do not handle all that well and if another handler presents their dog in a much better light than I have presented mine, so be it. I've learned to put the blame where it belongs. And, as everything I now own is either spayed or neutered, showing (except in Veterans at Specialties) is a moot point. I do understand what you are saying as far as educating Judges and talking to them, but, I'm a non entity in the show ring, so anything I may say would not be well received anyway. I would also not expect any judge to consider the musings of one so young in the breed as I. And IF, that particular Judge was doing the National this year, I would not be entering at all. However, thankfully he is not. God willing, (and my father's health not getting any worse) Bo and I will have another go around the ring this year.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com