Re: [pyrnet] New to list

In a message dated 3/19/01 1:31:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Mark_Harrison@colliers.com writes:

I am due to visit a
fellow here in Canada (where I live) with a 5 month old Pry and he has had
no problem with training him at all and the owner considers himself
moderate in his knowledge about training.  He also has no problem walking
him on and off the leash.  Interesting, as everything I have read says
walking off the leash will be a problem as they are roamers.

Welcome Mark;

I too, was so excited when my young male (under 1 year old) was easy to
housebreak and all other little training things.    My breeder said "Well
enjoy it - because once he turns around 16 - 18 months he will have forgotten
everything he learned.    Boy was he right!   We had to start all over again
and took quite some time.   Even to this day he's 6 - he looks at me with "oh
ok".    My girl well - forget about it - she truly is a Pyr!   I am sure the
others here on the list will tell you the same.

Welcome again and good luck when you get your new pup!

Dianne Migas - Jersey Shore
Steel Moment Great Pyrenees