Re: [pyrnet] New to list

On 19 Mar 2001, at 14:00, Steelmoment@aol.com wrote:

> I too, was so excited when my young male (under 1 year old) was easy to
> housebreak and all other little training things.    My breeder said "Well
> enjoy it - because once he turns around 16 - 18 months he will have forgotten
> everything he learned.    Boy was he right!   We had to start all over again
> and took quite some time.   Even to this day he's 6 - he looks at me with "oh
> ok".    My girl well - forget about it - she truly is a Pyr!   I am sure the
> others here on the list will tell you the same.

LOL Diane,
I always find the young pups are so willing to please that the first
basic training is a snap.  But sometimes much earlier than that 16-
18 months, they seems to get bored with the entire thing, " Been
there done that" attitude surfaces and that's when we humans
loose our sense of humor with these big goofs.

As far as off lead, never trust the normal pyr and even when you
think they can be trusted - DON'T.  I do know a few pyrs that do
well off lead, about TWO to be exact.  It's not a normal breed trait.