[pyrnet] New to list

Hello,

I am new to the list and am here to find more valuable info on the Great
Pyrenees.  I have read extensively about the breed and am on a waiting list
for a male up for adoption sometime in June (a puppy).  I was curious as to
what other owners opinions or comments were with regard to the Great
Pyrenees and their desire to wander as well as whether they are indeed hard
to train as every book that I have read has stated.  I am due to visit a
fellow here in Canada (where I live) with a 5 month old Pry and he has had
no problem with training him at all and the owner considers himself
moderate in his knowledge about training.  He also has no problem walking
him on and off the leash.  Interesting, as everything I have read says
walking off the leash will be a problem as they are roamers.  I am sure
every dog is different and has different needs and problems.

Thanks

Mark