RE: [pyrnet] Re: foot & mouth

 Urs. I heard in the news earlier today that two cases were confirmed in
Holland. I certainly understand your need to vent. I believe people all
over Europe are frustated at the moment and praying it will not come near
their own country.
> This destruction of farm animals is really awful, but it used to work. I
remember a few times with foot and mouth in Denmark from my childhood and
youth, and each time all animals on the infected farms was put down, and it
did put a stop to the problem pretty soon. But this time it seem to totally
out of control.
> I guess there is not much any of us can do except feel deeply sorry for
those invovled. And maybe this tragedy will chance some attitudes to
vaccination.

Over here we keep seeing photos of the piles of burning animals.  Because
hoof & mouth can be transmitted via the air, is this open air burning
causing some of the spread of the disease?

--- Robyn Allwright
--- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
--- Ziffany Great Py