[pyrnet] Re: foot & mouth

Urs. I heard in the news earlier today that two cases were confirmed in Holland. I certainly understand your need to vent. I believe people all over Europe are frustated at the moment and praying it will not come near their own country.
This destruction of farm animals is really awful, but it used to work. I remember a few times with foot and mouth in Denmark from my childhood and youth, and each time all animals on the infected farms was put down, and it did put a stop to the problem pretty soon. But this time it seem to totally out of control.
I guess there is not much any of us can do except feel deeply sorry for those invovled. And maybe this tragedy will chance some attitudes to vaccination.

Lene Nielsen
sandybear@intercity.dk
http://home.intercity.dk/~ic0795/