Re: [pyrnet] New and learning...

Neema, I don't know if you were on the list when the comment was made
that there seems like there is a similarity in the way Pyrs. may see
things, to the way a sighthound sees things.  I've joked about the fact
that I really don't need to know about the Cardinal 2 miles away, but my
dogs feel the need to warn me about it anyway.  It makes sense when you
think about it, and it may account for some of the funny reactions we
sometimes get from our Pyrs. to things they see.  That may be part of
Chloe's over reaction to things.  Sounds like she just needs to be
densitized, calmly, slowly etc.

The water thing occurs within the breed as well, a lot of them have a
real thing about what they consider water that has been fouled, even when
they are the only one drinking.  Seems like all you can do is change it
for them.

I am sure you will see a difference in her with you home more now to kind
of push the issue.  You may want to try a haltie ( face halter ) type
collar for walking.  She won't like it at first, but in the end it will
be easier for you to control her with your size.  The dogs seem to like
it once they get over the initial reaction.

Hope this helps a little more.  I'm rushing out the door so I'm going to
admit to sending this off unchecked.  Forgive me for any errors. :-)
Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas