[pyrnet] Dog food

When we got our Sasha from the rescue lady she indicated that her Pyrs
tended to have skin problems if the food they got was too HIGH in protein,
but couldn't really give me a percentage of protein that should be avoided.

We had been feeding our Golden Retriever Maximum Nutrition Lamb and Rice
(was among the foods recommended by Consumer reports a couple of years ago)
that has 26% protein.  Our daughter also uses it and her Rottweiler and Rat
Terrier have absolutely gorgeous coats, in fact the Rottweiler looks like
she has been polished......shiniest coat I have ever seen.  The food doesn't
have a lot of filler so there is not a lot of waste.

Is that protein level too high?  Has anyone else noticed skin problems
because of too much protein?  Having had a hyper-allergic dog I don't want
to go through this again.

Please advise me.

Caryl