RE: [pyrnet] Dog food

> Is that protein level too high?  Has anyone else noticed skin problems
> because of too much protein?  Having had a hyper-allergic dog I don't want
> to go through this again.

We feed low protein -- 18% - 21%, and have found that the skin problems in
our dogs have decreased quite a bit.  A couple weeks ago, I had two of our
pyrs in at the vet's.  While there, I was talking to the vet about protein
level and skin allergies.  He said that certain levels of protein can
trigger an allergic response.  By getting out of that "range" of protein,
either higher or lower, would decrease the allergic reaction.

From our experience with the big guys, and from the experience from our
breeder friend, the lower protein has done wonders to reduce skin problems.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees