Re: [pyrnet] Separation anxiety in re: neutering

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barb Bowes" <bamb@monmouth.com>
To: <pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org>
Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 10:00 PM
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] Separation anxiety in re: neutering

> I'd also be interested in what breeder this is. I've never spoken
> to a Pyr Breeder (that I remember) that did not believe in
> neutering, but then, I have not yet spoken to all of them.
>
> Barb Bowes

Even if what Terry is saying is true. That this breeder doesn't believe in
neutering. I am quite certain that she didn't say that neutered dogs are in
anyway inferior to intact dogs. And that a neutered dog has no quality of
life. This is what I take exception to the most. Okay, if you don't believe
in neutering fine. I disagree, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
But you have no right to tell others that they neuter their dogs because
they are lazy and irresponsible. And I would like to know where Terry gets
his evidence that the dogs quality of life is impaired by the neuter
surgery. He continues to repeat this without producing a shred of evidence
to back this assertion up. And when asked to produce evidence he retaliates
with smart comments. All the while avoiding having to answer the question. I
have a feeling that his statements that a dog has no quality of life after
neutering is just his personal opinion. Which he is certainly entitled to.
But he should not state it as anything but his personal opinion. And not
presented as a fact.
Marie and Beau