Re: [pyrnet] Separation anxiety in re: neutering

ok, have to put my 2 cents in.  After 32 years of owning Pyrs we are even
more in favor of spaying and neutering than we were years ago.  Most of our
pups go on spay-neuter agreements because we strongly believe they make
better pets (that may mean easier to live with, i.e. not lifting legs in the
house)  and are healthier and live longer.  In search of "facts" to back up
this claim, I've gone back through records and have found that the neutered
animals have lived consistently longer than their intact litter mates, quite
often by up to two years.  My dogs seem to me to be happier after being
neutered...the males don't have to go through those periods when they pace,
whine and stop eating when there is a female in season.
Charlotte Perry