Re: [pyrnet] Separation anxiety in re: neutering/long!!!!)

Never had any intention of replying to any of the emails re neuter/spay,
mutilation, desecration etc etc but I have to say this, it's really annoying
me thousands of miles away!!

If you wish then you may neuter/spay your critters.  If you don't then you
must ensure your critter is sufficiently well contained not to contribute to
the ongoing explosion of unwanted animals in the Dog world. If you prefer to
neuter/spay then for goodness sake go ahead and have it done. Do not make
the mistake of equating an animal with a human.  You see dogs are animals
and are very capable of reproducing whether we wish it or not so if you want
to neuter/spay your dog then do it  and stop this silly behaviour!!

Terry (yes I have my red slippers on), you have a lot to contribute and I
enjoy your emails but can I suggest you spend a month in Rescue and see the
end result of the silly buggers who overload Rescue and walk away.  Then you
may see where these people are coming from.  Now Terry, this comes from a
woman who has 4 entire males in her kitchen but she can (hopefully) control
their "urges" because she does not have bitches coming into season here nor
does she allow the boys loose off her property.  We are not dealing with Mrs
Pet Breeder  here but when I am selling puppies I do stress the importance
of n/s because I can never be 100% sure that these new owners will be as
vigilant as I have tried to be.

Can you see where I am coming from Terry?  This is a no win situation but
this morning I could also see where Richard was coming from and let's
remember he owns this List and we must give Richard the same courtesy as he
gives us so in the old "kiwi" jargon I am saying "cut it out" which does not
mean "neuter or spay" but means stop the not so nice behaviour please and
each to his own without continually trying to enforce our own personal
thoughts. I do not n/s to prevent someone else breeding from my lines
provided I have sold them a puppy which I hope will be a good foundation for
their Kennel but I will stop them from breeding if I think the puppy is not
perhaps the 100% I would have liked and we all have those dear little
puppies!

So can we all stop trying to explain what we do and why and try to keep on
ensuring that what ever we do is for the right reasons and I must admit I've
yet to have a male Pyr tell me "gosh Mum I miss my nuts".  Oh no, those boys
have always been the best indicators to me of a bitch coming into season!!!

Must admit I don't have a list of past boyfriends in my mind when neutering
but gosh it is tempting??  Anyway a bit of respect to Richard and a bit less
of equating dogs with humans and I'll stay on this list. Would sure miss
Joe, Kerry, Cindy,Susan, Marie, Karen, Terry and the Gang if I left!

Jan
Jan Chaplin
Ariege-Roussillon Pyreneans
http://www.geocities.com/janellachaplin or