Re: [pyrnet] new behavior-growling at small dog

> All this letter means I guess ,is that we can't really know what they
> will do, but I would err on the side of caution where real small dogs are
> concerned.  One slip can be all it takes, or they may be just fine.  Just
> won't always have the time to know.  Cindy

Cindy, I agree with you -- one never knows.  We are currently fostering a
pair of Pyrs.  We've been very surprised when our senior male pyr accepted
the foster male without a huge confrontation.  We do keep them separated,
but at the moment in adjacent kennel runs, and all is peaceful (knock on
wood <G>).   This weekend, we tried introducing the female in the field
with our youngest male, who is also the LGD of our goats.  This male is
really a push over -- we can have him at shows and he never puts up any
fuss -- a perfect gentleman around other dogs, large, small, male or
female.  Well, he wasn't about to have any interloper in HIS field with HIS
flock!  Looking back on it, we should have brought both dogs in the yard,
which would have been a neutral area.  Never mind -- hindsite is always
20-20.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees