Re: [pyrnet] Fw: Fw: LGDs, giving a talk

Hi---the family I got Sophie from did have sheep and one of the dogs
named "Shy" never left the sheep. In fact when they first put him in the
field he had to be trained not to eat their food and vise-versa. I guess
he was not good with people in as much as was real shy, hence the name
but was a wonderful shepherd. It  didn't matter what field they moved
the sheep to, he went along. The day I stopped to pick up Sophie, the
owners were gone and it was pre-arranged that I would just get her from
the barn and then leave (Momma was tied up so the puppies stayed near
her). I felt strange getting her but did coax her out of the haymow and
her Mom came too but was not real concerned ( she knew Sophie was going
to a good home), I actualy told her that as I was taking Sophie. I felt
guilty! As I put Sophie in the front seat I heard this faraway barking
and hurried up and got around the car and in just in time to see Shy
rounding the corner of the barn,whew! Was I glad I was in the car.
Anyway even though he never came out the other times I was there that
day he was being a guardian dog!! The owners were very surprised to hear
he did that because he never had before! So I guess if that helps
understand why some were left alone and did or do well we can see why by
this story---Bonnie

BE HAPPY!!!!!