Re: [pyrnet] Re: Bonbelle

In a message dated 4/23/01 4:01:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Steelmoment@aol.com writes:

We have slow maturing on the east coast as well!   My one bitch matured
at
7!   My male is still coming into his own at 6!   Barb's Bo looks glorious
at 10!   None of the above looked to swift at 2 & 3 vbg!    But we love em
anyway!

You know the point is well taken.  We are probably using the term too loosely
and maybe confusing some on the list.  Most likely all Pyrs mature in the
same manner.  The difference is some reach what we call a "mature" look
earlier and then proceed past that point to a look few of us like.  But they
are still maturing and have reached a place in maturation that is "overripe"
for many of us.  So I guess what we really mean to be referencing is maturity
that does not go past the point of what is considered correct and to a point
that is "overdone" or heavy type.

The point with Bonbelle was there was a time (even at 4 1/2 year old) that
she appeared not well filled out.  Same was true for her mother, V'Mio du
Comte de Foix,  the first time I saw her at the French National Championship
show in Nantes (for those few years they did not hold it in Paris).  Bonbelle
and V'Mio both looked more filled out and actually larger much later in life.

Joe