Re: [pyrnet] summer question

In a message dated 4/23/01 8:46:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
karen_leblanc@hotmail.com writes:

I was told that clipping ruins their coat.  Also, that their skin is fair
and that their coat protects it from the sun.

All of that is true and the white reflects the sunlight and helps insulate
the dog against the heat.  Comb out any remaining undercoat (keep it combed
out and no mats to develop hot spots) to allow air to circulate amongst the
guard coat that is not nearly as dense.  The Pyr Should do better with his
coat in place.  There are exceptions, but this coat is actually a help in the
summer.  The Pyr skin is very sensitive.  We live in the deep southeast and
have never shaved a coat.  We have found no reason to date to do so.

Joe

Joe