Re: [pyrnet] summer question

<< I've only had Pyrs for 5 years, but I asked several people about this..

> I was told that clipping ruins their coat.  Also, that their skin is fair
> and that their coat protects it from the sun.

Last summer I had to clip my first pyr -- a rescue that was extremely
matted when we got her.  After a few weeks of being a very ugly 'poodle
wanabe", her coat turned out beautifully.  Yes, you must keep them out of
the sun until the coat has grown out a bit as they can and will burn.  We
are in the process of clipping down our oldest female as she has a
tremendous coat and it's way too much for her in the summer.  I know from a
similar discussion on other pyr lists, a fair number of people clip pyrs
for similar reasons.

--- Robyn Allwright
--- ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net
--- Ziffany Great