Re: [pyrnet] Pyrs howling

In a message dated 4/27/01 10:44:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mapleway@iolinc.net writes:

Does anyone else's Pyrs howl?

Oh yes, but it is not natural for some of them.  Years ago when we moved here
(25 years) we are near a railroad track.  When the train blew its whistle
there was one old dog who would howl.  The rest of the dogs followed suit.
Then the dogs started howling when they heard the train coming way down the
tracks, just the rumble of the train on the tracks is their signal to start
now.

Our old Beau started it all and every dog since has joined in.  It is funny
as some have a real problem making the sound and the sound that exits is very
humorous.  But they all howl two or three times per day.  We know when the
train is coming way before anyone else as they start when they hear it, which
all of you know if much before we humans can hear it.

Joe