Re: [pyrnet] Pyrs howling

On 28 Apr 2001, at 8:51, JGentzel@aol.com wrote:

>  But they all howl two or three times per day.
>  We know when the train is coming way before anyone else as they start
> when they hear it, which all of you know if much before we humans can
> hear it.

Now if someone could just explain why my male Kazak comes
unglued every spring.  He apparently hears something that none of
the other dogs do and he is sure it's evil.  Starts pacing around the
outside of the house and demands to come in.  He's not about to
guard the other pyrs, he wants away from it.  It is about the time
the big cats migrate down the arroyos towards the Rio Grande and
south for the summer.  Whether he senses wildlife moving or it's
the infamous Taos Hum, who knows.  As to howling, well again
Kazak howls when he hears my message on the answering
machine.  New machine, not good quality and he has just started
the howling LOL.

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico