re: [pyrnet] Pyrs howling

Hi Chrissy,

"I would imagine many a Pyr has joined in howling with a pack of wolves
in the distance. Since it is just a form of communication". Cindy stated. And I agree.
Emmett howls, but we call it singing. Whenever there is an instrument being played he has to sing. We discovered this when the our daughter started playing her recorder one night. This little clarinet like instrument got him going. To coin a phrase from The Little Rascals ... "And How"!  He has to sing  . . . even if it is a bottle you are blowing through the neck of. The only other time he howls on his own, "that we are aware of", is when there is a dog on T.V. barking, or howling. I think it is just natural for him to join in. Before we would get together and instigate a singing sessions. He could howl till he was hoarse, or until the cows came home. Now we can join in, and then stop, and then tell him to stop, and he will. Or we just tell him no singing. And that works too. He knows no barking, so I think that was a transitional command to no singing. Personally, I think that when a Pyr howls it is darn cute! So I don't put a cabosch on it much. Especially if we invoked i!
 t ;o)

Mer